Hearing Tests | Online Hearing Test
June 29, 2021
Do you sometimes feel like you are missing out on some information? Do you feel that some words are more difficult to hear than others? Do you find that in some environments you find it difficult to hear your loved ones? Do you need people to continuously repeat themselves? If you answered yes to any of these questions, you could be presenting with hearing loss. If you are concerned about having hearing loss, there are different methods you can access to assess your hearing levels.
1. Visiting a hearing healthcare professional
The first option is to visit your nearest hearing healthcare professional and have a hearing screening done or a full diagnostic assessment which will give you a clear diagnosis of your hearing levels. These are the common steps you’ll need to follow to visit a hearing healthcare professional:
- You will need to schedule an appointment.
- The hearing healthcare professional will conduct thorough case history to find out about your hearing lifestyle. This will give the hearing healthcare professionals a better understanding of how to manage your hearing loss to suit your needs the best.
- They will also conduct a full diagnostic hearing assessment and discuss the results with you. A full diagnostic hearing assessment includes checking the outer ear with an otoscope, assessing the middle ear using an immittance meter, assessing your hearing levels by conducting a hearing test in an audiological booth, and a speech test
- This comprehensive series of tests can determine your type and degree of hearing loss which will be mapped out on an audiogram. An audiogram is a graph that shows your frequency and loudness levels.
- The hearing healthcare professional will then administer hearing aids that suit your hearing needs, amongst other recommendations
2. Take a free online hearing screening test
Secondly, you can access different platforms that provide online hearing tests, for example, the Lexie online hearing test, which is free. This online test is a quick 2-minute test and can be conducted in the privacy of your own home, using a laptop or PC, or even your cell phone. The test provides you with instant results, as well as recommendations for the next steps going forward. Keep the following in mind when commencing the test:
- The test is designed in a simple and user-friendly way to make it easy to administer.
- You will need to fill in your personal information, go through a variety of questions, and get tested in different listening environments in order to complete the test.
- These listening environments include listening to high frequency sounds in noisy environments, or even low frequency sounds in quiet environments.
- The online tests will have a requirement of either earphones or listening through your speaker and will need to be done in a quiet setting.
- Remember to follow the instructions carefully so as to obtain the most accurate results.
- Once the test is complete and your results will indicate if you could benefit from wearing hearing aids.
- It is important to remember that the online test is not a full diagnostic assessment, but merely a screening tool to give you an indication of your hearing levels.
There are many benefits to taking an online hearing test, as it leads you one step closer to managing your hearing needs, and in turn, living a better life. Take the Lexies free online hearing test now!
Next steps if you could benefit from wearing a hearing aid
If your hearing test indicated that you could benefit from wearing hearing aids, it’s easy to feel overwhelmed and unsure of what to do next. A hearing healthcare professional will most likely recommend a variety of different hearing aids, all available at a high cost. If you took the Lexie hearing test and the test indicated a hearing loss, you will have the option to speak with one of the Lexie hearing experts. They will share some information about the high-quality Lexie Lumen hearing aid that is available at an affordable price. On average traditional hearing aids cost $5 000.00 but luckily, Lexie Hearing is changing the market. You can get the hight quality Lexie Lumen hearing aids either through a one-time payment of $799 or by subscribing to Lexie for $49/mo. x 24. When subscribing to Lexie you’ll get